Who can join MUMS?
Anyone can join! You can be a student, ex-student or a non-student to join; all you need is a love of making and listening to music.
- Student Price: £15 /year (£10 if you join after January*)
- Non-Student Price: £25 /year (£15 if you join after January*)
*(Reduced price is only available direct - not if you join through the Student's Union)
Why should you join MUMS?
Becoming a member of MUMS doesn't just give you the opportunity to play in our fantastic auditioned and unauditioned ensembles. As a member of the society you'll also have access to the following:
- Free tickets to all our amazing concerts.
- Discounted tickets to our infamous socials.
- Non-music student MUMS members have access to the practice rooms in the basement of the Martin Harris Centre 17:00-21:00 weekdays and 9:00-17:00 weekends (please note, this does not include grand pianos).
How to Join MUMS
The easiest way to join the society is at a select number of Ensemble Rehearsals (MUWO, MUSO, Big Band, Ad Solem, Brass Band). This will ensure that you receive your membership card there and then. You can find rehearsal times listed on the pages about each group. Alternatively it is possible to sign up through the Manchester Students' Union Website, but you will still have to collect your membership card at a future date, If you have any further queries about signing up just email email@example.com with the subject "Sign-up".
If you miss us at Freshers' Fair, or are joining later in the year (including after Christmas), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to make payment, give us your details, and collect your membership card.
Your membership card gives you access to our free concerts and basement practise rooms in the Martin Harris Centre:
- If you want to watch our evening concerts you must arrive more than 30 minutes before the concert starts in order to pick up your complementary ticket, otherwise you may not get issued with one.
- If you want to watch our lunchtime concerts, you do not need to collect a ticket from the box office
- To access the basement practice rooms you must present your membership card at the reception of the Martin Harris Centre. They will then activate your student card so you can have swipe access to the basement
To collect your MUMS membership card, you will either need to do it an ensemble rehearsal or arrange a time with the society secretary (email@example.com).