MUMS have opened the auditions for the February 2019 Opera project!
We will be producing Judith Weir's Armida and Ravel's L'enfant et les sortilèges.
The performances will be on the 22nd and 23rd of February, and the slots for auditions are:
- Monday 22nd October | 18:00 - 21:00 | in F37
- Wednesday 24th October | 15:00 - 18:00 | in F39
Audition slots are 15 mins, 7 mins for each opera:
1. Prepare one dramatised Solo Aria or piece of music with a focus on performance. An accompanist will be provided.
2. Choose one extract form the list that suits your voice type for EACH opera.
3. Bring TWO copies of your Aria - one for the panel and one for the accompanist.
There is a range of big solo roles and smaller chorus roles, please let us know in the audition if you have a particular preference for size of part you would like to be.
You can click the link, here, to sign up to an audition.
You can find the extracts, as well as some auditon tips and information about the operas at this link.