- Do you like Baroque music?
- Would you like to try out learning to play on period instruments?
- Would you like to find out more about historically informed performance?
Then sign up for the Music department’s Baroque Orchestra!
We are very lucky to have our own set of student-friendly reproduction Baroque instruments:
- Mahr violins, violas and cellos with Mettal pernambuco bows
- von Huene flutes (after Rottenburgh)
- Monk oboes (after Stanesby)
- Johnson two-manual harpsichord
- Wimmenhove chest organ
As a member of the orchestra you will gain access to the instruments and we will provide coaching to help you get to know your instrument and to introduce you to some of the techniques and principles of historically informed playing. No previous experience is required.
If you are interested and want to find out more (or are a returning orchestra member from last year or before), join our group on Facebook now to sign up (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1469259123344425/), then come to a preliminary meeting with Rebecca on Wednesday 27 September at 1.00 p.m. in G16.
If you have any questions you’d like answering before you sign up, contact me by email: email@example.com
Prof. Rebecca Herissone
18 September 2017